Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Pick up the Phone!

Marketing for Realtors 101 is to get your phone to ring right? This was my thinking as I have moved through the years. If people don’t call your phone then you don’t make contacts to begin relationships with buyers and sellers. The most frustrating part of being a realtor is the inability to contact people when you need information on a property. It is equally frustrating when people call you and say are you one of those that don’t answer your phone.

Well the answer to that question is one that I have made a part of my real estate business for years. An agent can do all of the advertising in the world, can make dozens of new contacts and pay all kinds of companies to bring them leads but everything comes down to weather you are available to help your clients.

Many of the companies will stress that you as an agent should block your time and only call back during certain times during the day. Well as a buyer agent this doesn’t provide for the family that would like to look at a home today. If you call them back on your time you have sent them to the next agent. Providing good customer service means that you or someone from your office gives them a call at least to say that you have interest.

If I am going to place time and effort into my business by way of websites, blogs and other advertizing methods, then I am certainly going to pick up the phone when it rings as often as I can. Give me a call I will talk.

No comments: