Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Back to the future! Going Old School

I remember when I was looking to purchase my first home back in the late 70’s; my Realtor took me to the house that I would purchase.  I didn’t know anything about it until we arrived to view it for the first time.

I did purchase the house and was very happy.  My Realtor had already gone out to view and preview some homes and chose only two to look at.  This is much different from today’s way of high tech.



I mention the above experience because I am currently working with a couple of clients that do not use the real estate high tech, i.e. a computer and car to preview homes and write offers.  One client does not drive
and has no way to email or preview my listings. 

This is the way it was done in the baby boom years.  I have to admit I find myself when I speak with the client using terms of the current way of doing things such as I will email the latest listing and you let me know if you would like to view it.

In a way when my Realtor sold me the first house, it probably took only a week to write an offer after I looked at the two homes.  Now days the clients have so many more options and so many more homes with just a click of the mouse.  I do have sort of feeling that maybe old is less stressful and more efficient. Ok maybe not!

No comments: