Friday, September 16, 2011

What is Normal?

It wasn’t until this year that I really found the meaning of “the old days”.  Listing homes in this day and age is probably one of the most confusing issues a realtor can face.  When I was tasked with listing and marketing my parents’ home, I set out to do everything by the book.  The difference this time is the times.  Prices down, buyer pool short, money not as available.

I took many pictures, the lawn manicured and ad taken out in the local marketing book.  Stating with a price that was to market conditions I quickly changed the price to reflect the ever changing conditions.

Low and behold we received a contract two months into the listing period.  Now comes the hard part, right?  Within two weeks the inspection and appraisal were done without any problems.  Then three weeks ahead of closing date we are all ready to sign and close. 

Wow it is nice to see the old days.  Also it is great to have agents that know how to sell and buy homes to smooth the process.

No comments: