Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Land of Seasons!

It’s that time of year again, the fall colors change to the cold breeze of winter! The time change this week reminded me of why we move an hour back in time. I come to the conclusion that I have no idea why we do it except to let people have time to enjoy the darkness for an extended period.

This brings me to my point, having four distinct and different seasons provides for unique challenges and opportunity. First it is a time in the next month when you can golf and snow ski all in the same day. Tire stores make some cash placing snow tires in place of road tires. Hardware stores sell show shovels and ice melt. There are still leaves of orange coming down and landing in the snow. This provides for dirty snowmen to be built.

Our nights are now in the frozen section and days will warm to provide shorts weather. Yes, we have it all here in Idaho! I just love it!

Photo of the Day - "More Fall Boise Colors" as taken by me!






No comments: